A Little About Ireland!
Today I am gonna be writing about Ireland!
Here are some popular foods that originate from Ireland:
- Add the potato, onion, rutabaga, meat and spices together and mix well.
- Lay out one of the pie crusts and put half the ingredients on half of the pie crust leaving about 1 inch along the edge for sealing.
- Lightly dampen along the edges of the pie crust with your fingertips.
- Lay the other half of the pie crust over the top of the filling and press the top and bottom edges together well.
- Fold the sealed edge toward the center and either crimp with your fingers or press along the entire folded edge with the tines of a fork.
- Bake 425 degrees F. for 15 minutes then lower temperature to 350 degrees F for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with brown or white gravy or serve cold without.
- Trim brisket of all visible fat, cut to fit 4 qt or larger crock pot, if necessary.
- Place onion, celery, potatoes and carrots in bottom of crock pot, lay brisket on top.
- Whisk together bouillon, bay leaf, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and dry mustard.
- Pour over brisket, cover pot.
- Cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, adding cabbage wedges and caraway seed for the last hour of cooking.
- To serve, discard cooking liquid, slice meat onto hot serving plates, accompany with the cooked potatoes, carrots, celery, cabbage wedges and your favorite mustard.
- Grill or fry the sausages.
- The healthiest way is to grill them in the oven at 350 F or 180 C for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes until tender.
- Drain potatoes and mash with milk, butter, salt and nutmeg until smooth.
- For the gravy, heat oil in a frying pan and sauté onions until nicely browned.
- Stir in the flour and then the mustard, followed by the wine. A few seconds later add the stock and allow to thicken.
- Pile the mash onto a plate, followed by the sausages and lovely spoonfuls of the gravy.
- Mix flours, bran, sugar and soda.
- Make well in centre.
- Pour in sour milk and oil.
- Stir until moistened.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Next, I will be talking about some of the activities and entertainment in Ireland.
Irish River Dancing is a big “sport” in Ireland. It’s kind of like tap dancing but not.. Take a look at it yourself:
These are very talented people preforming this dance! 🙂
Places to visit!
Connemara is a district in western Ireland, facing the Atlantic. Its coastline has tiny coves, bays and fishing villages like Round stone. Connemara National Park is a vast expanse of mountains, bogs, heath land and lakes. The park is also home to a herd of Connemara ponies. The area’s main town, Clifden, has several venues for traditional Irish music. Here, too, are the ruins of Gothic Revival–style Clifden Castle.
Cliffs of Moher
The Cliffs of Moher are located at the southwestern edge of the Burren region in County Clare, Ireland.
Thanks for tuning in!