Strawberries are Berry tasty!
Today I was asked some questions from my Ron Paul Curriculum Science teacher, Daniel Dignan!
What is your favorite fruit?
What is the family, genus and species?
Does the fruit ripen after harvest?
When is the fruit harvested?
My favorite fruit is the Strawberry!
The Genus of the strawberry is Fragaria, and its species is a hybrid!
Strawberries don’t ripen after harvest!
Strawberries are about ready to harvest 4 – 6 weeks after blossoming!
I love the strawberry because it’s a fruit with the perfect amount of sweetness and sourness if you pick the right strawberry! The color of the strawberry is beautiful and it’s the perfect fruit for me, plus it’s homemade lipstick! 😀
Here is a video on how to make chocolate covered strawberries!
Here is the recipe! Makes 1 Dozen
1 Dozen Fresh Strawberries, washed and dried
1 cup of Milk Chocolate Chips
2 tsp of Vegetable Oil
1) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2) Fill a small pot with about an inch of water and bring to a simmer.
3) Place a small bowl over the pan with the simmering water but make sure the bottom of the bowl is not touching the simmering water.
4) Add the chocolate chips and the oil and let that melt slowly as you stir with a wooden spoon or heat proof spatula.
5) Remove the bowl with the melted chocolate from the pan and start dipping in your strawberries.
6) Dip 2/3 of the strawberry in the chocolate and carefully shake off any excess. Place them on the parchment lined baking sheet. Allow them to set for 5 minutes at room temperature and then pop them in the fridge for 15 minutes to set completely.